About Me

My photo
Husband, father, friend, runner, actuary, woodworker

2010-03-08

Busy week ending 3/7/10

Being so busy actually made me a bit crabby and jumpy this week.  I shouldn't be doing so much, and I know this.  Here is what I had going on:

(1) Running daily - 39 miles total this week, 17 on Friday Afternoon (2:25:28)
(2) Didn't do my regular weight lifting routine (Which I really hate now)
(3) Finish the poker table and deliver it (pic below)
(4) Pl Pr. Parks Meeting and Bike and Ped Trail Steering committee meeting
(5) Clean basement up a bit, and continue some other small woodworking projects (a medal hanger for "13.1__26.2"), and my hat hanger. 
(6) Hailey's first indoor triathalon (Saturday morning, 10 minute swim, 20 minute bike, and 15 minute run) - she did great and had fun

It really doesn't look like much, but the little things to do added in-between really took its toll on me.  Barb got the worst of it, sorry babe!  Anyway, vacation Apr 5th cannot come fast enough! 

So friday's 17 mile run, all lakeside and took off my headphones for the first time.  Very flat course, 40 degrees, low wind, no traffic.  Wow.  I've never felt so pleasantly exhausted.  I got a runners high on this one, at about the 2 mile mark, which I get normally on my shorter runs.  My runner's high:  I feel tall, stick straight ,doesn't feel like my feet are touching the ground, and the world stops around me (or I forget it is there).  A really enjoyable experience for that 10-20 seconds for sure.  When it was done, I wondered about what others feel when they hit theirs, is it the same, or is their experience different for that moment?  Back to reality ;)

The poker table.  It has been some time since I've built one of these.  I think this one is like the 42nd one I've built.  A lady from work had me build one for her husbands 40th b-day.  She was very happy with it.  I am learning a little bit more about how to upholster the vinyl rail without seams and "bubbles".  Here are pix:



No comments:

Post a Comment