About Me

My photo
Husband, father, friend, runner, actuary, woodworker

2010-03-01

Another month of running down, half way point

Another month of training comes to a close.  I am now half way thru my marathon training (by date only, not by mileage) :yikes:  Looking at my stats I am running just under an 00:08:30 min mile.  Very happy with that as it is very close to what I set for my goal marathon pace.  Although, my distance runs I do slow down toward the end of the route.  Yes I would love to hit a 03:45:00 for the 26.2, but talking with other marathoners I shouldn't be so crazy about hitting that mark.  Really, I just need to finish, learn, not hurt myself and have fun.

I turned 37 y/o on Feb 27th.  I celebrated the night before with friends and family - I had a "Beer Tasting party".  Tons of fun, and everyone had a really good time.  I had 4 tasting beers:

(1) Goose Island Sofie - A Belgian Ale that got our tastebuds ready for the treats
(2) Chimay Trappists - All three colors (White, Red, and Blue)
(3) Dogfishhead 90 minute IPA
(4) Rogue Chocolate Stout for the desert

Each had its own food pairing and they were served in a 3-oz glass.

I also lost a bet (another one sided bet).  So I had to jump into Lake Andrea for the Special Olympics Polar Plunge.  WOW!  It was cold!  The second I hit the fridgid water my body tightened up so hard that I pulled a muscle in my shoulder.  A lot of fun tho, and a worthy experience - I raised $250 ish for it too.  Thanks goes to e'one who donated :).  Here is the proof - I am the dood on the left:

No comments:

Post a Comment